Fulfillment centers are the backbone of the order fulfillment process. Additionally, we are here to tell you – What Is a Fulfillment Center, and how they can help scale up your business. Moreover, the fulfillment center offers warehouses to store, pick, pack, and ship products to customers for your business. Furthermore, they are essential to the supply chain and logistics operations for e-commerce and retail businesses.
Looking for strategies to improve product fulfillment? Consult Fulfillment Plus. In case you are an e-commerce business and tired of manually doing all the tasks, we are here to provide you with the best fulfillment services in New York and across the US.
As your business grows, the need to partner with a fulfillment company becomes necessary. Additionally, storing, packing, and delivering every order in-house can be a daunting task for any business. By allowing us to help you eliminate all your fulfillment worries, you can solely focus on improving your business activities. Furthermore, our New York-based fulfillment center has everything you need to increase the growth of your business. Consequently, you can partner with us to outsource your e-commerce fulfillment services.
What is a fulfillment center?
The fulfillment center plays an essential role in supply chain management. Furthermore, they work as your hub for all logistical processes, meaning getting the products from the supplier to the customer and removing the need for you to pack, address, and deliver each product yourself.
Fulfillment center is a huge warehouse where all the orders are received and stored before they are shipped. Additionally, a fulfillment serves as a hub wherein online orders are stored and prepared, so they can be finally sent off to customers’ locations.
Here are some key activities a fulfillment center performs:
- Providing sufficient warehouse space to businesses
- Ensuring things are safe by managing the warehouse
- Inventory control
- Keeping track of business orders
- Product selection and packing
- Delivery planning and management (includes working with third-party delivery services and tracking deliveries)
- Returns and complaints management
If you’re imagining what a fulfillment center looks like, here are a few features that almost all of them have:
- Receiving docks: Receive all the inbound products, place in the inventory, and organize on shelves.
- Shelving and pallets: Store the items to send them for fulfillment.
- Outbound loading docks: Workers place the outbound packages to dispatch them through selected delivery companies.
What does a fulfillment center do?
Fulfillment centers do the same for online orders as the shopkeeper does in a physical store. When you buy something from a shop, the shopkeeper might get an item, bill it, place it in a bag, and hand it over. Fulfillment centers do the same. They pick a product from the warehouse, package it, and deliver it to a customer’s door.
As the customer places an order through an e-commerce store, multiple actions take place at the fulfillment center. Subsequently, they pick and pack the inventory and label the boxes to deliver it to the customer’s address.
Some of the important processes carried out at a fulfillment center are:
- Real-time inventory management: The seller places a specific amount of a product to the manufacturer. It is stored at the fulfillment center, where they process and deliver the orders.
- Picking, kitting, and packing products: As the customer places an order and it is notified on the seller’s website, employees at the fulfillment center pick and pack the items within the order. Consequently, kitting is the process of grouping and packaging many things into a single unit. This effectively reduces delivery expenses.
- Processing and fulfilling orders as they come: Multiple processes prepare eCommerce orders for delivery as they arrive. Simultaneously, they update the inventory, verify client addresses, pack the goods, apply labels to packages, and deliver the packages to customers via third-party delivery services.
- Transportation coordination for deliveries: Ensuring the deliveries are reaching the customers on time is very critical. With our advanced technology integration, you can get real-time updates.
How do fulfillment centers help your business grow?
Making big decisions for your company’s future can be daunting as an e-commerce business owner. At Fulfillment Plus, which is one of the best fulfillment companies in New York we truly understand your problems and are here to address them.
At a certain point, you might have to decide if you would like to partner with a fulfillment company. In order to make decisions quickly and sort out the situation, we have listed some of the benefits of using a fulfillment partner:
- It allows you to focus on growing your company
As an online business owner, you might be dealing with multiple business-related tasks and managing sales on many marketplaces. However, by partnering with New York-based Fulfillment Plus, you can focus on your core business activities and leave everything else to us.
- It can be cost-effective
If you have high stock-keeping units (SKUs) and volume, you can partner with a fulfillment company that has various fulfillment centers and warehouses. Lowering transportation cost and reducing travel time happens as they dispatch the products from the warehouse close to the customer.
- It helps you scale up your offerings
As your business grows, it becomes difficult to find larger warehousing space. When you partner with us, you can get various resources and storage facilities so that you can fulfill orders even when the order volume rises because we are here to make it possible.
4. It makes fulfillment more efficient
As you engage with a fulfillment company, it becomes their responsibility to efficiently handle any sales, restocking, or returned goods issues. Furthermore, modern fulfillment centers have cutting-edge technology and machinery that allows automation for several elements of the fulfillment process.
Partner with us today to explore our unmatched services
It is a very challenging task when you are scaling your business, manually packing, labeling, and shipping your orders. At Fulfillment Plus, we help you with all logistics and warehousing needs by organizing shipping and packing processes.
We help you run your business more efficiently and smoothly. Additionally, our years of experience and expertise in the fulfillment industry ensure that we fulfill every need of your business and promise to provide customer satisfaction, taking your business to greater heights.
With our reliable and dedicated services, you can let us do the hard work while you focus on other activities of your business. Furthermore, as we concentrate on getting your packages out the door, you can focus on growing your business.
For more information get in touch with us at 888-256-7790.