IT Assistant / Help Desk Technician (Holtsville)
Fulfillment Plus, Inc.
IT Assistant / Help Desk Technician
The IT Assistant / Help Desk Technician at Fulfillment Plus works with the IT Manager to ensure the integration and management of the company’s information technology systems.
This is a full time position. Fulfillment Plus hours of operation are generally Monday thru Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm. Occasional overtime and/or weekend hours are required during peak shipping season.
This position reports directly to the IT Manager and works with the Client Services team.
Responsibility & Principal Duties:
Performs a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results.
- Maintenance and technical support of PC hardware
- Maintenance and technical support of IT applications
- Installation of software and hardware on local computers
- Minor hardware fixes such as printer issues, etc.
- User account maintenance (i.e. set up new user accounts, email, etc.)
- Develop reports
- Develop SQL stored procedures, T-SQL scripts, etc.
- .NET Development (Visual Studio .NET / VB.net / C#) a plus
- Analysis / requirements gathering
- Work as a team member with network administrators and system developers
- Document application problems and resolutions for future reference
- Serve as the first point of technical assistant contact for employees or clients
- Field all IT requests and direct all unresolved issues to the IT manager
- Walk client or employees through problem solving processes
- Pass on feedback or suggestions to the appropriate internal team
- Identify, research, recommend improvements on procedures
Experience and Required Skills:
Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment. Knowledge of a variety of hardware as well as software, programming languages, and operation systems required. Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control. May be tested on appropriate computer skills as required.
Must have experience in:
- Microsoft Access
- Report Writing
- Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7-10)
- SQL (View, Stored Procedures, Triggers)
- .NET (VB.net / C#) a plus
- NET a plus
- Web development a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
Compensation of $45,000 – $55,000 commensurate with experience and level of knowledge. This position earns up to 2 weeks paid vacation, 1 week sick/personal, 6 paid holidays, 401(k) with company match. Sorry, no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Please send your resume with references and salary requirements for consideration to email@example.com